Parramatta Eels Why iPlay Junior League Contest
Parramatta Eels Why iPlay Junior League Contest
1. Eligibility: Parramatta Eels Why iPlay Junior League Contest
(“Contest”) is open only to those who are (i) Registered Players of the Parramatta Junior League, (ii) Registered Players of the Parramatta District Convents. Entrant will be responsible for securing any necessary permission prior to participating in this Contest. Employees, officers, directors, and representatives of the Parramatta National Rugby League Club Inc (“Sponsor”), and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates (including, but not limited to, Parramatta Junior League board, and Parramatta District Convents Board), anyone else connected with the production and distribution of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 14, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on July 27, 2018 at 4:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Contest.
3. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, Entrant must be a (i) Registered member of a Parramatta Junior League Club or (ii). Registered member of a Parramatta District Convents Junior League Club During the Contest Period, visit the Why iPlay Website and follow the instructions on how to upload and submit your entry. You will be required to complete the following:
i. Create a video no longer than 20 seconds outlining why you play Junior Rugby League (the “Video”). The Video must be in accordance with the Video Requirements/Restrictions set forth in Section 4 below.
ii. Be creative with your video.
iii. Complete the Official Entry Form by providing Name of the player in the video, your name as (Parent/Guardian of the Child in the video), your, phone number, email address
iv. By entering the contest you are agreeing to all releases and all sections of the official rules of the competition
v. Upload the Video.
vi. Share the video link through social channels to have people vote for your video.
Completing all of the steps above in accordance with these Official Rules will generate one (1) entry into the Contest.
CONTEST PERIOD. Submissions received after the Contest Period will not be eligible to enter or win.
4. Video Requirements/Restrictions: All Videos must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
i. Must be original.
ii. Entrant must have secured in writing (and be able to produce the writing) any and all rights necessary and appropriate to submit the Video as an entry in the Contest and grant the rights herein, including all necessary appearance releases.
iii. Can be no longer than 20 seconds.
iv. No footage showing pyrotechnics, discharge of arms, pressurized canisters, dangerous materials, flammable liquids or animals will be allowed.
v. Electrical (plug-in or battery operated) or compressed air apparatuses, including lights, lasers, and flashcubes (electrical or chemical) will not be allowed.
vi. Must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity.
vii. Must not disparage Sponsor, an entrant, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest or contain material that promotes bigotry, discrimination, racism, ridicule, mockery, or harm against any group or individual based on a health condition or illness, disability, race, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, or any other basis.
viii. Must not contain any material that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, threatening, abusive, pornographic, hateful, or is otherwise objectionable;
ix. Cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Video that it determines in its sole discretion to have violated the Video Requirements/Restrictions or if an Entrant otherwise violates or attempts to violate any portion of the Official Rules.
5. Prize Winner Determination Process: The Winner of the why iplay competition will be determined by the following:
i. to vote people will need to watch the 20 second video and submit their vote.
ii. voters will only be eligible to vote once per entrant, though may be able to vote on as many
The Sponsor reserves the right to review all Videos either before or after they have been posted and reserves the right in their sole and absolute discretion to reject and/or remove any entries or Videos that violates these Official Rules without any notification or warning.
LIMIT: ONE (1) VOTE PER PERSON PER DAY DURING THE VOTING PERIOD. Any attempt by a voting entrant to obtain more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods that Sponsor deeps unfair or inappropriate will void that voter’s votes and the entrant may be disqualified. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as defined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Voters who do not comply with the voting instructions will not have their votes cast or counted.
6. Winner Notification: At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the top five (5) entries with the greatest number of valid votes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be selected to attend the Junior League Appreciation Game, Round 21 Parramatta Eels versus Gold Coast Titans. They will use their Sparky’s memberships to attend if needed, During the Half time break in the NRL Game, all 5 players will write their name on a ball and place it into the bucket. The winner will be drawn out by a person nominated by the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The ball drawn out will be considered the sole winner of the Parramatta Eels Why iPlay Junior League Contest.
7. Prize: the winning entrant will receive the Ultimate Parramatta Eels experience that will include but not limited to the following:
i. attending a Parramatta Eels training session for four (4) people.
ii. tour of the Parramatta Eels training facility.
iii. Team photo opportunity with the Parramatta Eels Team
iv. Met the Parramatta Eels coaching staff and Players
v. Signed Jersey from the Parramatta Eels Team.
vi. Passes for four (4) People to attend as guests of the Parramatta Eels and sit in the player’s dugout at the round 25 game versus the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium.
8. Ownership and Publicity: As between Entrant and Sponsor, Entrant owns the Video provided in connection with the Contest. By participating in this Contest and providing a Video, Entrant grants Sponsor and each of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees a royalty-free, unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right, license and consent, without any compensation, consideration or further notification, to use, edit, reproduce, print, publish, display, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or create derivative works from the Video, and to use and refer to the Junior Clubs name, logo, nicknames, mascot, city and state, team member photograph(s) and/or club song, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes, in any media throughout the world without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
9. Release: By participating, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which are final and binding in all respects; (2) that his/her entry (and all components thereof) will not be acknowledged or returned; and (3) the Contest Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by Entrants for any liability, loss, injury or damage to participants or any other person or entity, including personal injury or death to participants or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of Entrant’s participation in this Contest, the use of any Video or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries or to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labour controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, in the event of such cancellation, suspension or termination, at its discretion, as applicable, (i) select Voting Winner from among all non-suspect, eligible votes received up to time of such action; or (ii) select Grand Prize Winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to event requiring cancellation, termination or suspension.
10. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, incomplete or misdirected entries, submissions, votes or email messages; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections including those through www.whyiplay.com.au, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, technical, electronic or otherwise; or the administration of the Contest; or the processing or judging of entries or submissions or the tabulation of votes. Use of any device to automate or subvert the entry process is prohibited and any entries or submissions received through such means will be void. Entries or submissions will be disqualified if they contain inappropriate material or language, including profanity.
11. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed by State of NSW law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (B) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in the State of NSW, and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. Privacy: Personally identifiable information that is submitted by Entrants as part of this Contest will only be used to administer the Contest, select & announce the winner and fulfil the prize.